It's easy to think that just because I'm eating clean and I workout everyday that I should be skin and bones, but keeping track of the food that goes into my body really lets me analyze my portion sizes and the amount of nutrients, sodium, fats and minerals that I consume on a daily basis. It's so easy to snack on healthy carrots, almonds and fruit, buts it's even easier to snack my way into extra pounds with those same healthy snacks because of the sheer number of calories that are involved in intake volume... especially because I like to drink veggie and fruit smoothies for breakfast. Those are calorie packed like you would not believe.
Here is my leg workout for today:
- 3 x 15 reps per leg of Bosu ball lunges.
- 3 x 15 reps of seated leg curls on a machine, in the rest time in between sets, I do 20 squats.
- 3 x 15 reps of leg extensions on a machine, in the rest time in between sets, I do 20 standing calf raises.
- 3 x 12 reps of leg presses on a 45 degree leg press.
- 4 x 20 ab side twists (or also called Russian twists) with a weighted ball, I use 4lbs so I can throw it. Each time I come back to centre, I throw the ball at the wall).
- 20 mins of skipping with a jump rope. (I'm trying to learn skipping tricks to keep from getting bored. So far I can do the regular, side to side, forward and back, running on the spot, high knees, butt kicks, one foot hops, rope criss cross, short sprints and somethings backwards).